Superior High Yielding Oil Plantation Crops
Burman Bioenergy has contributed greatly to the sustainable development of a range of genetically superior, high yielding energy crops including; Oil Palm (Elaeis guineensis), Jatropha Curcas, Millettia Pinnata, Moringa Oleifera and SilverLeaf, a new cold climate oil crop developed by Burman Bioenergy and able to yield high oil content in below freezing climatic conditions for the first time.
Oil Plantation Crop Comparison
|Oil Palm||Jatropha Curcas||Millettia Pinnata||Moringa||SilverLeaf|
|Rainfall requirement per year||1,500-3,000mm||600-2,000||250-2,500mm||250-1,000mm||250-1,000mm|
|Plantation Carbon Credits Qualified||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Area managed per plantation worker||10Ha||15Ha||50Ha||50Ha||50Ha|
|Trees Planted Per Hectare||156||3033||1852||1852||1852|
|Oil Yield Tonnes / Ha – 3yrs||4.5||9||10||7||8|
|Oil Yield Tonnes / Ha – 6yrs||11||12||23||16||22|
Oil Plantation Crop Yields
The above yields are based on results from plantations that are professionally managed using high quality plant genetics, correct pre-planting soil cultivation, adequate soil nutrition, proper harvesting techniques and high quality processing equipment.
Burman Bioenergy specialise in the establishment and management of large-scale high-yielding oil plantations of the following crops:
- Oil Palm
- Jatropha Curcas
- Millettia Pinnata
- Moringa oleifera
- SilverLeaf (cold climate oil crop)
Burman Bioenergy is able to assist companies assess the most appropriate oil plantation crop by conducting thorough analysis of the proposed plantations location and feedstock requirements and then pairing this information with it’s extensive real-world experience.
These oil plantations create high quality feedstock which can then be utilised for a variety of purposes including:
- Biofuels & Bioenergy
- High Grade Cooking Oils
- Pharmaceutical & Cosmetic Ingredients
- Animal / Livestock feed
- Organic Fertilizer
Burman Bioenergy is able to achieve higher than average yields with many crops through the implementation of a range of strategically developed and executed plantation management systems. Some of these include:
- Unique High Density Planting Format
- Superior High Yielding Plant Genetics
- Soil Evaluation & Intensive Soil Nutrition Program including proprietary, crop specific microbial innocculations
- Long-term Secured Water Tenure and Superior Irrigation System
- High Tech Nursery Establishment / Seedling Propagation including advanced crop specific microbial inoculations to assist faster growth, tolerance and yield.
- GPS Guided Mechanical Planting & Harvesting System
- Intercrop Legumes that enhance carbon capture and assist soil fertility, as well as eliminating the use of weedicides.
- Superior Pruning Techniques designed to induce more flowering and subsequently more seed and higher yields.
- Introduction of Bee Colonies throughout plantations to aid pollination.
- Fast 12 Hour Harvest to Processing System, ensuring highest oil recovery.
- Next Generation Oil Extraction Technology
In addition to the application of Burman Bioenergy’s plantation management systems, we are able to increase production of under performing existing plantations, usually by 20-40% within 2 years.